TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using Britbox

Denny63
Participant
Message 15 of 15

When we watch something on britbox, it contually freezes, then we have to wait, it then either continues with no sound  for  a few minutes or it throws use out, when we go back tnto the episode from the beginning 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi 

Thanks for the reply 

I am very disappointed that you no longer supply this, its not what I signed up for. A lot of what I watch we cannot watch via "catch up" as the channels does not have this service. 😡😡

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi

TalkTalk no longer provide the recording box and we can only supply the Lite box going forward.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi 

Thanks for sending a new box. I was  expecting to receive the one that you can record programmes. Not the little one. Though neither of them plays bribox very well 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi

I'll get the box swapped out for you and see if that helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Thanks for your reply 

I cannot do a direct wire connection as my phone line socket is near the front door and my lounge is at the rear of the house. There are phone sockets in the lounge but they were never connected to the main one.

There are no other sockets available to move them round. 

Ther factory reset as not helped.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

Are you able to try a direct wired connection to see if this works ?

Have you tried swapping the adapters around or trying other sockets ?

Did you try the full factory reset on the box to see if this helped?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi 

Still have problems. Its the same on both the main one and the smaller one. I have also noticed that when I watch something via the my5 app, when the picture scans down it pixelates. 

The only thing I can think of is that wired connection is not working well. As it comes via tp-links, as I only have 1 working phone socket 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi bearpeje,

If you click on the TalkTalk TV section there is a blue button at the top called start a topic.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi,

Please remind me how I can start a Topic ?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi bearpeje

Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

bearpeje
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 15

Hi,

I too had regular problems with my Britbox App crashing, mid Episode, and having to start from scratch to restart the Program from the beginning.

So, Today, I followed the instructions to perform a "Factory Reset, Keep Recordings"

I updated the Youview Box Software, and now, when I use the Britbox App, it is freezing the Picture, or Muting the Sound, or both, about every Minute ?

So clearly, virtually impossible to Watch anything on the App ?

Anybody from TalkTalk with advice please

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

If a maintenance reset has not helped, try the full factory reset from the settings menu.

If this fails then we can replace the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Denny63
Participant
Message 13 of 15

Hi Karl 

Its just Britbox that it happens 

I tried a reset a couple of weeks ago, but its not made any difference 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi

Do other on demand players work ok ?

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes