TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: TV Box on powerlines

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 9 of 9

HI all just after some advice am looking at making the tv box hard wired just would like to know would that be worth while as the power line do see to loose internet at times do not know if it is the box or the p/l`s causing it

as the box is in the room below where the router is. as the master socket is upstairs 

Would u do it and would it work ok on a a long Ethernet cable??

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@ferguson yes I know just want am looking at improvements or changing rooms around.

Lockdown has made things change ways in different areas

Thanks for ur help 

@ifanyonecan I do not think the issue is to do with wake up as it works fine just disconnects on player sometimes on amazon.

I also have tp extender for wifi that works fine for devices. 

0 Likes

ifanyonecan
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 9

Hi

Have you tried using the Tp-link utility and turning off Power Save Mode on each plug as sometimes they forget to wake up. You may have to turn off your antivirus to use the utility as it won't find any plugs on my PC with it turned on.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Joe, you can get better quality DSL cables than the usual in-the-box types, but they will still invariably degrade the signal over distance. What reason do you have for relocating the router? A lot of this is trial and error, so at the end of the day for the sake of a few quids worth of cable just try it out and see what happens!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

@ferguson just a quick one would the broadband router be fine with a long dsl cable as in i am thinking of moving the router to the back of the house??

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

@ferguson yes will do might be having all the pc stuff near each other.

same the boxs are not going to be up-dated to wifi ones. save the issue then for most of the issues.

thanks

Message 6 of 9

Might be worth reaching out to TP-Link for help and advice?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

@ferguson Hi yes i have as they are powerlines are tp link. just having a few things looked at as the router is behind my monitor and my pc is next to that so am looking at a move of some sort 

as they say have a spring clean!!!!!

thanks for u help

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi Joe, without a doubt it will be better, direct wired connections always are. The issue is usually inconvenience of course. 

Have you checked the powerline adapter help articles?

0 Likes