TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording

sdcrowe44
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

I note the TalkTalk TV app to record TV remotely is no longer available but users should use the BT TV App!!  Have tried this and it does not work, download to my iPad, paired with my TV etc etc, all fine but recordings fail.  Have researched the community to find a message stating that more work needs to be done - this will be delayed due to the crisis!!  This message was posted back in May 2020, the direct crisis of COVID is over - there is another crisis that is Ukraine, the cost of living (inflation etc).  

When will I be able to record remotely, the ability to do so should be integral to my package with TalkTalk.  Other providers have this ability so you may be losing a customer - TalkTalk has broken the contract.

Stewart
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

No, only a factory reset does that.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Does doing a soft re-set delete the recordings currently saved to the box?

Stewart
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 8

And on the TV box, delete all linked mobile devices from settings do you are starting afresh.

After doing this I'd also do a soft reset of the box by holding the on off button for around 10 seconds until it restarts and also restart your tablet and phone after uninstalling the app.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

Not really. Other than perhaps removing and reinstalling the BT TV app? I assume both your Apple devices are updated to the latest OS?

0 Likes

sdcrowe44
Team Player
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your responses.  I can confirm that my box is model no 372T.  I have liked an iPhone and an iPad to the box and both attempts to record failed.  I have another iPad and will try that later.  No I have not used remote recording for a long time, have not had a need to do so (particularly over the past couple of years).  However now that we are over the worse of CV19 it will be of benefit when travelling.  Have you any other suggestions to try.

Stewart
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Hi @fr8ys I can confirm that I have installed, paired and tested the BT TV app for remote recording via my iPad and it is working just fine. Please note that I have a Humax DTR-2000 rather than a TalkTalk box. 

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

TalkTalk have not broken any contracts and if you have only just found out then I'm sorry but, you can't be using it much as this was withdrawn, by YouView, upon which the TT app was based, so TalkTalk had no say in the matter. 

The BT app works fine on 372T boxes, but is not compatible with 370T boxes. Which box do you have? There was an issue in 2020 but this was fixed.

This may be an Ipad issue though and perhaps @ferguson may be able to confirm?

Either way TalkTalk will be unable to help as they have no control over this app.