TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control

Crusader300
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

My old remote control doesn't work properly with the new box and I have to hold the RC right up to the TV box. I cannot contact TalkTalk to complain as it seems the new box's pick-up is faulty.

Chatty Man
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

If you have other threads, we would see these as duplicated.  You really should stick to one thread only for your issue, especially during this time of increased customer contacts, many threads will be viewed as duplication whilst we try to answer all customer queries.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

It's a shame you haven't actioned the other 4 messages I sent concerning a Faulty Power Adaptor that doesn't work. For a communication company - communication of faults in this current situation sucks.

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Karl

New TV Plus Box arrived and works fine with old and new remotes. Old box on way to returns centre soon.

Thanks for a quick efficient service - better than the usual phone service.

Cheers

Joe

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Many Thanks again - another star for you.

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

I'll get the box replaced for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Karl

Thanks for a prompt replacement service. However, the new remote control works the same as the existing and I have to come with 2 feet of the TV Box for it to work. I suspect therefore that the new TV Box remote signal receiver is faulty and probably needs a new box, as the old box worked fine with the remote control. Would you please organise a replacement of the TV Box.

Thanks

Joe

Chatty Man

Message 9 of 14

Hi

Replacement Remote on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thank you - you are a star.

Chatty Man

Message 11 of 14

Hi Crusader300 

Who knows? Remote controls are usually reliable for quite a long lifespan. But as they're not designed to be a repairable item the only way to test is by substitution.

I'll ask TalkTalk to send a remote control.

If that's still not reliable then the TV Box will be swapped out.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Thanks - Obvious answer - yes I have. It works close up one minute and then an hour later it works from afar. Another hour later I have to go close up. It must be the receiver.

Chatty Man
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Crusader300 

Obvious question as the remote is working close up. Have you renewed the batteries?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes