TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retuning 4K Box as not fit for purpose

FordBMAX
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

My elderly parents recently moved house and got upgraded to FTTP Broadband and the new 4K Box.  Broadband is fine. 

Unfortunately, due to the way the use TV it's unsuitable for them.  They like to record series of TV programs to watch back, as it has only one tuner they can't record multiple programs at once or watch a program while one records.   I set everything up for them and told them to give it a week but after 2 days they hate it.  They also don't have a 4K TV so that's wasted on them as well.

I assume if they return the 4K box instead of the Youview box they have been asked to return that will be fine and noted on their account?

If it isn't, they will probably move to Virgin, I assume it's OK to then cancel the account as it's been within 30 days of the new installation/contract?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

You can return the new box and continue with the old box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Karl,

But what I meant was, can they return the new 4K box and use the old YouView box that they still have.

Since my post my Mum rang up TalkTalk and they said she could, but there would be no more support of the old box and if it broke it wouldn't be replaced.  But we are OK with that as we know they are being phased out.

I have set up the old box and it works perfectly, and if it breaks, there are 3rd party twin tuner PVR boxes out there and we can just buy one of those instead.  So all is good.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

they can return the box and remove the TV aspect from their contract by calling our customer loyalty teams.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes