TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Top - Free View Box Not Working.

Shytalk
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi. I have the fibre broadband package with the Talktalk / you view box.  

The Free View Box is not turning on properly at the moment.  

I have reset the Router numerous times, reset the box as well, its an old Huawei DN360T model.

If it turns on, it goes through the setup menus, but will sometimes switch itself off then back on again and go through the setup process again.

If it does go through the setup screens okay, I'm unable to actually watch anything.

I get the feeling that the Box has had it.

Will Talktalk offer me a replacement one and if so how best I go about it?

Thanks

Simon.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Shytalk
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 11

Blimey what a palaver, so TT TV isn't actually TT TV - I still don't know what deems TT TV proper and TT TV "lite", anyway upshot is that after being on here, on Live CHAT then finally on the phone, I have TT TV (that I thought I already had) Core or whatever Karl said back on the package, still have the problem though - enough for today, just be warned that you may not have what you think you have...........................

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

Hi @Shytalk customer loyalty on 03451720046 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

The only option you have is to call our customer loyalty teams to change the package to include TV.

Without TV being present on the account no one can place an order for a TV box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Shytalk
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 11

Shytalk_0-1628760286523.png

This makes no sense to me, it states in the account that TV is there and accessed through TT TV BOX.................. there's no mention of CORE TV anywhere, just TV, who can I speak to to clear this up ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

All accounts have an aspect of TV to allow all customers to access the online TV store however when your account was last renewed etc, this has been set up as TV store only, so does not have the core TV product added and no included TV charge.

As the core TV component is not present it is physically impossible to order a TV box as this option is not presented when accessing your account.

You will have to speak to our customer Loyalty teams and request that your account is change to Multicast, to include the core TV product and the included monthly TV charge.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Shytalk
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 11

Morning Guys, I'm chasing up for a reply / action on this, its been 3 days now without use of the box, I do have TV on my contract and always have since I took up the option too many years ago to remember.

Can one of the ADMIN please look into this and help to get it resolved.

Simon.

0 Likes

Shytalk
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 11

Hi Karl, I'm surprised to hear that, I have always had the TV package as part of my on going service, I have just checked too and still have it, I renewed to Fibre 65 Plus TV only in June, I can provide my Account Number by PM if you need to re-check this.

Regards

Simon.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 11

Hi Krista5594

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Shytalk

You no longer have a package that includes TV, so a replacement TV box cannot be provided.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Shytalk Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

The talktalk team here are very and will get this sorted 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes