TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Top box not recording

Moly53
Participant
Message 11 of 11

My talk talk tv set top box has stopped recording and it won't play other recorded programmes. It has been rebooted several times and nothing seems to fix it. every recording shows as failed. i was on the live chat twice for 1 1/2 both times and it is still no better.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Moly53
Participant
Message 1 of 11

Ok,don't bother sending me another one as i want one that records so i will buy one that does and has freeview.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi

The TV Box is the set top box.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Moly53
Participant
Message 3 of 11

Is the TV box the set top box?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi, 

TalkTalk TV services.  Anyone can receive freeview, but to be eligible for a TV box you do need to have TV services added to your account,

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Moly53
Participant
Message 5 of 11

By TV services do you mean Freeview?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

I've checked, and your account does not include TV services. This may have been changed last time you renewed / renegotiated your contract.

If TV is something you require adding to the account, Please contact our customer service Teams and request that your account is set as 'Multicast'. They can then add TV for you. A TV charge would also be added for £4 per month.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Moly53
Participant
Message 7 of 11

Yes please

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

If the factory reset did not resolve, then the box has failed and nothing can resolve this.

TalkTalk can provide a new TV box however we no longer supply a recording box.  This stopped at the beginning of the year and we can now only supply the non recording box (Lite Box).

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Moly53
Participant
Message 9 of 11

This is what i did when i was on for 1 1/2 hrs both times. I did full factory reset and the USB one with them and it is still the same

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi, 

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset  to see if this helps.

If this fails then the only option is to try the full factory reset from the settings menu to clear the hard drive of any corrupt files etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes