TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set top box features

Elliot1976
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I am a new TV customer.

So am I right in thinking then that :

A) I cannot record TV programs even though the instructions on the STB says I can using the guide.

b) I can only pause live TV fast forward and rewind.

C) I have the apps which I can use to watch whatever I want

D) the box is basically a brick because I cannot record and I'm better off using my 4K firestick and I can insert a HDD into my USB in order to record TV as I have a smart TV with apps.

Also the PIN I was sent in order to purchase boosts, rent films etc is also redundant.

If this is the case then I will need to cancel because it's not working as expected. I was hoping to plan and record programs but the STB is incapable of doing so.

Can someone clarify the above for me please as I think I'm better off using my Amazon 4K firestick, smart TV features with many apps and an ability to record any channel using a USB HDD.

Thanks

Many thanks Elliot
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@Elliot1976 

So you have a recording box?

What channel was Bobs burgers recorded on? If on a subscription channel do you currently subscribe to the Entertainment boost or have you cancelled this boost? If you cancel a boost you will cease to be able to watch any recorded content from those channels as well.

If from a terrestial channel then I should try a Maintenance reset option 2 : https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Option 2 Keeps your recordings and patches/reinstalls  the latest Software/hardware for the box.

If this doesn't fix it then a Full Factory Reset from the main menu should be tried although you will lose any recordings it will fully format the hard drive and reinstall the box software.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Elliot1976
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Such a shame. 

Strangely I was able to briefly record Bob's Burgers. Then the device updated and then poof, gone.

How do I cancel? Just call them up I guess.

Many thanks Elliot
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

TalkTalk no longer provide a recording box. The box does have all the usual on demand apps, Netflix and Now TV apps.

Boosts and rentable content are no longer available however you can rent and purchase content from the likes of Amazon and Netflix etc.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes