TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set top box misbehaving

Border1
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

The set top box has not been working at all well for a good while now.

Despite all the help topics from TalkTalk I am no nearer to solving the problems. 
a) there are no internet or connection issues 

b) the “pause and resume play “ mode often leaves the picture frozen but the sound continues 

c) to watch tv from switching on I need to switch the box off at the back and on again. Then there is the inevitable delay of the whole start up process which seems to take forever.This is sometimes needed several times each day. The suggestion “for faster start up time” has been tried many times but makes no difference.

d) a factory re-set has been tried several times and this has also not made any difference 

I believe that the box is well and truly faulty.

Border1
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

To place a cancellation for any part of a service you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046 or 03451725157

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for your reply and offer of a replacement tv box. As I often liked to make recordings, the replacement box is unsuitable for my needs. I am going to buy a recordable box, which means that TalkTalk tv is no longer required. Please advise me how I can adjust the payment on my account to delete the TalkTalk tv payment. Thank you.

Border1
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Border1

I can send a TV box out to you.  This would be a non recording box (Lite Box) as TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box at the beginning of the year.

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Sorry to see this. If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes