TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set top box

TonyB44
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Talk Talk have recently sold me a set top box but my router is about 25 feet away from my tv in a different room so I cannot use the ethernet cable supplied with the box.

In this situation it recommends using a powerline adaptor which I cant find in the accessories page.

Question: Is a powerline adaptor a wi-fi extender ( I already have a BT version)

If so, how many do I need ?

Any help will be appreciated

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@TonyB44 

So do tell, are the BT plugs that you have OK for the job as it's always useful to know? I have escalated this for you so TT may be able to supply you with a free set if not.

IMPORTANT !!!!!!
Could you please ensure that your personal information is up to date in your profile including your Registered landline.
Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thanks.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thank you fre55die the info you supplied was very helpful....TonyB44

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

@TonyB44  I don't know about BT items but, Power Line Adapters are 2 plugs that use your mains wiring for connection, you pair them and plug one into a socket by  your router and the second plugged in by the TT box  it connects the internet from the router to the box. If this is what you have then give it a try. There is no wireless on the TT box so if what you have is literally a WI-Fi extender then you will need a pair of PLA's to connect the box to the router.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes