TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Recordings From Phone

jimpy
Chat Champion
Message 9 of 9

Can anyone answer a simple question have just spent over 70 minutes chatting on line without getting a answer so decided to ask the question here "After the demise of Youview when are we going to get a app for phone or pad  to allow us to set recordings on the TV box  remotely" When I try to set a recording using the BT app which was the suggested app to use after Youview I get a error telling me to get in touch with Talktalk and Error code AY183 so not a lot of help!

Thank You ! Posted By Jimpy From Staffordshire
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Many thanks for that info OCE -Karl lets hope it works ok and the trials are a success 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

This is currently rolling out to trialists to check for any issues during the update process, if all goes to plan then this should start rolling out to customers from 8th June.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Is there a date for the software update ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

There is a box update rolling out currently that may resolve this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks oce_Karl for your reply, fully understand about the problems regarding Covid 19 so up to the present we don’t know if there will be a update to the box to allow remote recording

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

This was something our teams were looking at until this pandemic struck.  For now, such things have been put on hold whilst we focus on providing support for customer issues, especially those customers who are self isolating and vulnerable.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 9

So no one knows WHEN or IF there will be a date when we get a new app to set recordings, and in the meantime we just have to put up with Talktalk taking things off our contract and still charging us the same price, till we get fed up with asking and go away.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

A loss of functionality regretted by many and also discussed in many topics previously on here.