TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky News

montuiiri
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

Hi everyone

I have Talk Talk TV but since Friday the Sky News channel on 233 has the picture but no sound.

Does anyone know why this would be?

Maybe needs a retune?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

The first thing you could try is to look at possible interference.

Have a look at the at800 troubleshooting page.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Karl

Maybe not but then why would all other channels on freeview work?

Who would be responsible for that signal then, so I could contact them as well.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi

I can certainly do this, but I don't think it is the box.  If you know someone on plusnet with the same issue, they will use a different model of TV box.  Sky news on 233 is also a Free to air channel received via aerial so this will have nothing to do with the internet connection or any broadband related issues.

This could be the transmission of that channel from the transmitter or possibly 4G interference.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13
Hi Karl

To prove a point I have removed the aerial from the back of the youview talk talk box and plugged it into the aerial on the back of my tv. I then tuned the tv in as freeview.....sky news works. So this is an issue with the talk talk youview box. I would like this resolved as i am paying for this service and not getting what i pay for.
I think TT needs to send me a new box as this is faulty. Very poor considering i had to pay for it when i joined less than 6 months ago.
Thanks
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

The broadband could be a separate issue.  I've had a look at the line and no obvious issues.  Current line tests are clear.  I've reset the profile and optimised the connection to see if this makes an improvement.

If you can also check the home phone line from your end, listen to the phone, is the dial tone clear with no crackles etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13
Then why does the internet keep dropping out on the router?its a sepparate issue i know but its still not very good having to keep restarting.

I will use a freeview aerial to check sky news on that.if it works then its an issue with the talk talk box 😕
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

No obvious issues showing.  Also, Sky News (233) is a freeview channel so this could be a freeview issue, especially if other people are also reporting the issue.   Do you have a freeview TV ?  Is it possible to connect the aerial to the TV an see if this happens directly on that ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13
Any luck?
I have reset to factory setting too and still no change.
The internet drops out regularly so that would appear to be a poor line connection.
Really not happy with this.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks Karl.

I have added that now.

Have done the reset but nothing. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi

not come across this issue specifically before.

Can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile and I'll take a look for any obvious line issues etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Karl

Yes I have tried that.

Reglarly have to reset either the router or the box due to broadband dropping out and going red often. Once reset it returns to normal.

But yes have switched the box off and rebooted. No other channels are affected just sky news with no sound.

Have also found out a relative who has plusnet has the same issue.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi

Have you tried turning the box off via the button at the back for a couple of minutes ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes