TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports or not Sky Sports

petersmyth1
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Roughly 6 weeks ago I negotiated a new  package with TT, that seemed like the only way I was going to get my unlimited calls boost back. Well that part worked as I changed from broadband to fibre. I asked the TT agent would I still get Sky Sports and at the same price he said yes and I paid my 1st months bill of £42.39 willingly. I thought I had signed a new package deal but my new monthly bill is £61.27. This rise is because contrary to the TT agents words my Sky Sports bill has risen from £10.50 to £34.32. It appears the TT agent just moved my old Sky Sports deal from my old broadb and package to my new fibre package without telling me that in 1 months time I'd be paying a lot more for my new Spy Sport deal  with TT. Why do I feel conned and as usual there is no-one to phone to try and get a more reasonable deal. Do I just have to let S. Sports go because it's new price is beyond my state pension. After more than 10 happy years with TT this last 2 months has been really disappointing what with my phone call package being cancelled mistakenly by TT and my phone periodically redirected to a TT demand payment to make more calls and this for my terminally ill wife who  needs 24/7 access to a phone and now being oversold a new TT connection. What can I do now? I can blame lockdown I suppose.;-( 

Petersmyth1
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
Karl sorry about the lack of response but I couldn't gain access to TalkTalk community. It's sorted now but too many passwords. too many user names and too many e'mail addresses can lead to on-line mayhem. Karl I feel rather hard done by TT. As you know I couldn't cancel my SKy Sports boost, you had to do it for me, and this delay meant my S.S. contract with TT ran out before I got it cancelled and I was Automatically registered for S.S. at a non-discounted price which would have been fair enough if only Sky hadn't been offering a payment pause until S Sport went live again. OK I was unfortunate that my TT contract with Sky S ended at a very inconvenient time but to be charged pennies short of the full price for a service others are allowed to pause payment for seems unlucky to say the least. Karl I don't know if you can help but please give it a try
Thanks Peter Smyth
PeterSmyth11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi

I can remove this for you but need to confirm some details.

I'll send you a PM.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi again Karl Unfortunately I cannot untick my S Sports boost. When I try I get a white screen wide blank box with just an x in it. While it is on screen the rest of the page is dead. I can click the X and remove it but my boost is still ticked. I try again with the same result. Karl can you help me?

Petersmyth1
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks Karl I was under the misapprehension that when I took out a new package I had renegotiated a Sky Sports new deal.I asked could I still have Sky sports at the same price and he said yes but I don't suppose it was in his best interests to tell me I only had 1 month of my discount membership left. My "existing" deal ended 2 days ago and I don't pay my TalkTalk bill until the 27th May but can I cancel it now and suspend future payments till it goes live sports again?

Petersmyth1
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

Hi petersmyth1

You did have the 18 month discount for Sky Sports that started 19th Nov 2018.  This came to an end on 18th May this year, so was not removed, it has ended and currently there is no current promotion for the sports channels.

Customers can select the option to remove the boost in My Account and will be offered an option to pause this whilst the current situation continues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 6 of 10

@petersmyth1 I would wait for a response from the TalkTalk team regarding credit for the Sky Sports Boost. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

That's good that you got the unlimited calls boost at half price.

Regarding Sky Sports I can't speak for TalkTalk but the TalkTalk team on here have advised people to cancel the boost if they no longer want to receive and pay for it at this time.  That can be done online in the My Account section of the TalkTalk website.

There was an email sent to subscribers by TalkTalk a while back allowing them to pause their Sky Sports payment for a limited time but that opportunity appears to have passed.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Thanks John after a TT goof I lost my calls boost and spent over 3 weeks trying to get it back but it is working at £6/month at the moment and at last I'm a grateful boost userIt's on record that Sky Sport isn't charging it's members while live sport is not on show. They're not charging

BT for BT's Sky Sport users who pass that on therefore I assumed they were not charging TT who are charging me. Have I got that wrong? I know BT Sport have given me 2 months credit for their service and will keep it's members in credit until live sport returns. What's TT position on this?  

Petersmyth1
0 Likes

John_G
Problem Solver
Message 9 of 10

Hmm, sorry to hear things didn’t work out as you’d hoped.

As you found, when you start a new broadband contracts the boosts tend to move to the new contract unaltered.  So, if a boost offer  was due to expire in May it will still expire in May, the offer doesn’t usually extend for the length of the new broadband contract.

So, you are where you are, what can you do?

• If you’re not using Sky Sports at the moment you could cancel the boost and re-add it when live sports resume, that would save some money.
  • £36 a month is full price for Sky Sports but offers (usually half-price) do occur.  Keep  your eye on the price, if and when an offer becomes available then sign up for it - you’d need to cancel your existing Sky Sports boost, wait a few minutes then re-add the offer version if you currently have Sky Sports.
  • Sky Sports is also available through Now TV.  They sometimes have offers too.  If you have an up-to-date TV box that will have the Now TV app you may be able to get Sky Sports more cheaply that way.  No offers with Now TV at the moment, but when live sports come back expect to see them desperate to get customers back!
  • How much are you paying for the unlimited calls boost?  It’s currently on offer for £6 a month for 12 months.  If you’re paying more than £6 a month you could cancel, wait an hour, re-add it.  If you try that then be careful not to make calls during any time the boost is inactive.

Good luck!

0 Likes