TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky channels missing

Baotei248
Popular Poster
Message 22 of 22
Suddenly all my sky channels disappear fir no reason including my sky sports boots . I did tried evrything people suggested on the forum but still not working .also rang talktalk twice but all i git is please hold the line and we will identify whats happened????OMG Talktalk.so weird that everythingelse still ok but only the sky channels missing .PLz anyone could help with this situation ????im so fed up calling them and explain everything again and again
Dear talktalk
Could u do sonething for your loyal customers plz?????
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

@AETodd This is an old thread, if you start your own topic the support team will be happy to help. Please advise whether you are using powerline adapters.

Message 2 of 22

I am currently having the same problem. Boost channels visible in Epg but shows error IPC6023 when I try to select. I have restored to factory settings (keeping recordings) and reset router but I still cannot access or record these sky channels although I can access on demand services. 

Please advise. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi @Wildthingz

You have posted on a 3 year old solved problem.

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately. Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

ALL my Sky Sports Channels have gone, no longer visible via OSD, nor do they show in channel tunning within options menu.  But they do show as active in my account.  This is ridiculous. 

I have reset my box, still not there, I have rebooted my LAN adaptors-still no channels, I have also rebooted my router-still no channels.  All this was done in a 1hr20min phone call to CS, talk about winging a service!!!  SICK OF INTERMITTENT AND PERSISTENT ISSUES.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  TIME TO LEAVE!

0 Likes

jowster
Team Player
Message 5 of 22

Hi talk talk did an update 13th april and not had any sky channels showing on planner since. Not showing anything from 248 to 701. I am paying £30 for sky sports.

I have done a reboot of router ans talk talk box. Done a reset (saving recordings) through the maintenance screen and have done a retune through settings but still not there.

I have fibre tv,phone and internet package.

ISP configuration is 1402011

Huawei model DN370T.02.04.P

Can you please help as yet again find myself paying for something from Talk Talk that is not fit for purpose

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi

can you start your own thread (New Message)  so we can deal with this for you.

Posting in other threads makes it difficult to follow the conversation and for others when searching for a solution.

Many Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

cher2610
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 22
My sky channels have never appeared im my guide any help
0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi,

Sorry to hear you lost the previous recordings.

If you try a Maintenance Reset and select option4 - keep recordings, then after this is completed, manually update the software and players, see if this improves the performance of the box for you.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

I have managed to work out now that when a software update takes place, the 400 channels are missing, usually if i switch off and on again the channels come back but last week they didn't and i had to reset the box back to factory settings to get them back which meant i lost all of the recorded material that i had on the box.

The loss of the channels appears to be connected with the software update happening. Any ideas on why this should cause such a problem as it is very annoying to have lost a lot of recordings, now i feel i have to watch them immediately before i lose them, which defeats the object a bit!

Also the failed message on the recording does not really help a lot. should mention they are always in the guide just not available to watch with the usual error ipc 6023

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi,

can you check out my thread here :

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/t5/Plus-Essentials-TV/Channels-401-onwards-Missing-from-the-Guide/m-p...

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Baotei248
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 22
Hi
I just dnt understand why it keeps happening during night time esp when i supposed to watch football ,5mins before kick off it working fine but then when the time come ,all these channels disappeared like nothing
I just dnt get it im paying extra 30£ amonth to watch football and they didnt not metoo
How long it take to investigate and sort it out im totally fed up
0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi. I can confirm that I'm also having the same problem reported in this thread. The Entertainment Boost channels (401+) repeatedly disappear from the EPG (usually when the STB goes into standby).

FYI, I can browse the Internet, watch on-demand channels like BBC iPlayer and the STB is connected directly to the router with an Ethernet cable.

A software update and reboot usually restores the channels, but they're gone again the next day.

There is clearly a pattern here and I'd be happy to supply any further information that might help with the troubleshooting process and lead to a resolution. Any comments?

STB Model: DN372T.01.02.P

Variant: 001

Manufacturer Software: 72.36.47

Component Software: 2.8.18

Platform Config: 1234

ISP Config: 1401021

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi,

there is a secondary issue today that will impact your IP channels.

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/t5/Current-Known-Service-Issues/Issues-accessing-boost-internet-TV-ch...

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Baotei248
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 22
Have u finished with the investigation yet? Coz my sky channels GONE AGAIN
Got no idea whats going on with the service while im paying for it
Im totally fed up with this could you plz do something and make sure its not gonna happened again ???
0 Likes

chester78
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 22
Same happening to me. Only had for week
0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Baotei248,

This issue is now under investigation by our engineers.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

i had the box replaced on monday by an engineer as i was having problems recording anything, and he concluded that the software upgrade had fried the hdd. Since the new box was installed i am losing all the 400 channels after the box goes into standby. If i switch it off and on again then the channels are back. i am experiencing the problem of the channels being visible in the epg but giving error ipc 6023. I need a permanent solution to this, as i will not be able to record any of these channles when i am on holiday as the box will go into standby after 12 hours and lose the channels again. Help please?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22
I tried everything ald it keeps on and off during the day ISP 1402011 Can u please do something ? Really frustrated me
0 Likes

Baotei248
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 22
They appeared on saturday and then disappeared again today which is ridiculously i really fed up with this service
Im checking rite now and there no sky channels on the guide and i only got the freeview channels .dnt know whats going on with talktalk with really frustrated and im paying for it everymonth so why this keep happening
Can anyone sort it out for me asap
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 22

Hi, 

there are 2 scenarios where this can happen, so I need to clarify.

Channels Visible in EPG (guide) but giving error IPC6023 etc.

Channels not visible in the EPG (guide) 

I need to know if they are in the guide or not, and any errors.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes