TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped recording / unable to play back ! despite rebooting and changing the cables

iain2020
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8
despite rebooting and changing the cables I still cannot watch recorded programs that I haver not watched and those I have watched, I get a blank screen. And it has failed to record anything new. I even changed the ports for my HDMI cable. no joy. I can watch the TV channels Ok and I can watch the app such as BBC Iplayer
Iain
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Glad to hear our colleagues have dispatched a replacement box to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

New box on it's way from Talk Talk

Iain

Message 3 of 8
Ok
C gates
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

If you need help from forum staff, @iain2020, you'll need to complete your community forum profile details. Please add your Talktalk landline number for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Have you received help from TT by phoning or using Chat over the weekend?

Phone help opens at 9am: 03451 720046

Scroll down on this page for the link to Chat and details of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Your thread is in the queue for attention. It can take a few days to get a reply from staff, particularly after the weekend. Please look out for a reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Nothing works Talk Talk are sending out a new BOX

Iain
0 Likes

chasg2013
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 8

Hi Ian not sure if this will help, I had similar issues with recordings some time back. This might only apply to fibre but if you turn off the router for about 30 minutes and reconnect, the line will be allocated a new IP address and hopefully reset services

C gates
0 Likes

iain2020
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 8

also reset using maintenance  mode retaining the recording.... no joy

Iain
0 Likes