TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV BOX NEEDS REPLACING SO WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CONTACT TALK TALK

rush-home-mike
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

My TV box has been getting more and more unreliable over the past few months. It loses TV channels regularly or has serious issues with signal quality (images become unviewable then recover); it fails to properly record - says it has recorded an item but there is no replay and now won't play previously recorded programmes that i have started watching. Tonight it fritzed again and lost all the subscription channels and then all the others - no channel info on the guide and would not do anything other than a blank screen. I am so so tired of soft resetting / hard resetting / factory resetting etc that I am on the verge of just canceling the payments and waiting for them to contact me  BECAUSE IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HOLD OF ANYONE AT TALK TALK TO ACTUALLY RAISE AN ISSUE WITH, OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS UTTERLY UNWANTED COMMUNITY FORUM NONSENSE

Why should I have to air my issues with all and sundry so I (as the valued customer) can get through to anyone at Talk Talk.... I don't really want someone else to let me know they've had the same issues or what they think might be the solution I want the supplier of my faulty equipment to be contactable and actually do something, without having unwanted and unnecessary hoops to jump through. 

Community members Pls Don't bother suggesting  the same old things I've read on all the other MANY MANY posts on what utterly unreliable equipment these TV boxes are - been there done that multiple times. IF someone knows the secret to actually being able to directly contact customer service at TalkTalk that would be the most welcome input 

Pls just send me a replacement and I'll send the broken one back

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Mike, 

Did you manage to contact our colleagues to get this sorted for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

@rush-home-mike You can call customer services on 0345 172 0046, or try Live chat here

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

If you have read the other posts on this topic, you will have seen you need to complete your community profile to get a reply from staff here.

Also TalkTalk no longer provide recordable boxes, so if this is important to you, try the factory reset again as this will attempt to repair any faults on your hard drive.

Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes