TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV BOX SETUP

stephens040751
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I changed from Sky to Talktalk TV.  Sky's Digital aerial connections do not fit my Talktalk Box, so I have had to use the socket/s in the house which lead to what I summise is an analogue aerial. (old).

Consequently, I cannot get all the channels which Talktalk offer and I am left with the b*g standard ones like BBC, ITV, CHANNEL 4 etc.

How would I go about sorting this out ?  Could I connect to Sky's Dish by changing the connections (their connections are for the Q-Box) or do I have to erect another Dish for Talktalk or is it a new aerial ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 1 of 3

@stephens040751  Sky is a satellite TV system and TalkTalk is terrestrial (Freeview) and the two are not compatible.  So you need to connect your TalkTalk box to an aerial, rather than the Sky Dish.   

It may be that you have to upgrade or realign your aerial if you are not getting all the available Freeview channels.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

You cannot connect a satellite dish to a TalkTalk TV box, the inputs and tuners are completely different. The TalkTalk box relies on a Freeview signal, you may find that either not all channels are available in your area, or you need an upgraded aerial.