TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Box not connecting to internet

Jean40
First Timer
Message 1 of 2

My TV Box stopped connecting to the internet on Monday 10th August, as I am 80 years old and struggle with anything technical, my daughter came on Tuesday and did all the usual things - turned TV and router off and back on still nothing  - checked all ethernet cables were plugged in correctly etc. We then realised that one of the plugs that the ethernet cable plugs into then goes into the back of the router, was not lighting up. On Wednesday she rang Talk Talk and despite advising what the problem was they insisted on doing all the checks which took almost 2 hours - she told them again and again it was an issue with the adapter - they are now insisting on sending an engineer (but cant do this until 28th August) at a cost of £40. We have now seen on the forum from a post back in January that Talk Talk no longer use the type of plug I was sent 4 years ago when I joined (Huawei) and they just need to send me one of the new models (or maybe 2 as I also have one plugged in at the back of the TV which another ethernet cable goes into then into my set top box). Can anyone please help as I cant really afford £40 for the engineer. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Jean40

Add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your account and I'll send a set of adapters to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE