TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Box slow, latest features not present and no longer access via Android App.

northdave1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I've been a TalkTalk customer for many, many years - right from when they first started operating their tv/broadband/landline service. I now feel that the service I receive has fallen behind because although paying for TalkTalkTV, my ancient tv box is incredibly slow and doesn't have the features that other customers have. Not being able to access my Amazon Prime and NowTV accounts on the tv box has been frustrating but at least I can use a games console to access these. But now the android app no longer let's me remotely set recordings I think it's time to change the box. Is there a way I can update/upgrade to the more modern TV box that newer customers must be receiving? It seems odd that loyal, long-term customers lose out in comparison to newer customers.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Dave

I'll swap out the TV Box for you.

As to the youview app for recordings, there is an update later this month that will enable this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Staff will need to identify your account,  @northdave1.

Please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

It may take a day or two to hear back from them,  especially as it is the weekend. 

Wait for them to reach your thread before posting further,  to keep your place in the queue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.