TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus Box "Failed to Record" all programmes since upgrade (code TTG-216)

john_e
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi, my upgrade to fibre was completed on Friday 8th February entirely successfully as far as I was concerned however on my return from a weekend away I found that all scheduled programs had failed to record. I at first assumed it was a glitch, restarted the box (as I have done many times before) but still nothing could be recorded, neither via "record now" nor from schedule. Furthermore I found that although at first I could watch my old recordings as soon as I attempted to record something or even tried to watch a newer one all recordings show a blank (bkack) screen.

I  then tried various resets through the "maintenance mode" screen (also as I have done before using "retain recordings") and each time it restores my ability to watch old recordings until I either try to watch or record a "new" one and then they all fail to play. On a couple of occasions I got the error message;

Error Code TTG-216  "Something's gone wrong" but not every time.

Although I had been told that my box would not be affected by the upgrade it seems too much of a co-incidence for it to be anything else - please investigate and advise!

Thanks in advance,

John

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi John

I'll see what I can do from here for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Nice theory but that was thwarted when the "Loyalty Team" rep pointed out that my account was already showing I have a box and that therefore a second box would only be supplied at full price! No further discussion offered at that stage. How could I then continue along the lines of "yeh, but"? I had to point out that I wanted the new box because the first wasn't functioning properly though I still want to keep it because of the library of recordings (remember my 98 year old mother!). She then insisted that only Technical could authorise that so I was pretty much "railroaded" into a corner - if such a thing is possible!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

If you are reporting an issue as a fault, then they will look to send an engineer.  If you simply say you want to purchase a 2nd box, they should discuss this with you.  If you mentioned the current issues with this box, then they will treat the call as a fault report.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

"Loyalty team" wouldn't do anything without an o.k. from "Techncal team" and they won't do anything until an engineer has visited (earliest appointment Saturday) even though I'm offering to pay!

Not amused...

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I cannot guarantee how long the old recordings will remain playable if there is an issue with the box.  If you give our customer loyalty teams a call they can discuss the option of a new box and see if there are any deals or they can offer a box at a reduced price etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for that update... so... since the old recordings are still available on my existing box how much would a new box be?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

The error TTG-216 is related to on demand content.

If freeview recordings can not be made or play back following a maintenance reset then the only option left is the factory reset.  this is not guaranteed to work as their could be an issue with the hard drive, but this is the last option to try before replacing the TV box entirely, which would also involve losing any recorded content as this cannot be transferred.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl, yes, only Freeview recordings involved (I only have Freeview). I have resisted that since it's the one that deletes all old recordings including a "library" I keep for my 98 year old mother - can you be reasonably sure that it will solve the problem since at the moment at least I can view the old ones... i.e. is it likely that it has "coincidentally" gone wrong? Is it not more likely that it is some "access" or login related to the fibre upgrade? What exactly is error code TTG-216?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi John

Are these only freeview programs you are trying to record and play back ?

If a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings) has failed to work then the next option is to try a full factory reset from the youview settings menu.

Also, just a note about any older recordings.  If you make a recording from a subscription channel, for example, Sky 1, and are no longer subscribed to that channel, then the recording will not play back.  This is a licensing restriction of the broadcaster.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes