TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus Box

gdt214
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I have a New TV Plus Box.and am getting bad distorsion on all of my Freeview channels. The Engineer tells me my signal is too strong and I need to purchase an Aerial Signal Reducer. I have done this but it makes no difference. I asked a local TV repair man for advice he told me this:

The problem occurs in our neighbourhood because I live equal distance between two Freeview Transmitters and the new Talk Talk Software is Auto retuning all the time and as a consequence it is distorting my reception.  I have a digital aerial and although it points towards what I consider is my nearest Transmitter the tail of the Aerial picks up the signal from the other transmitter as well. The only way to resolve this problem is to have a box with manual retuning available. Is there another answer to my problem as its driving me mad.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

I've seen this issue before, but it is rare,  

Unfortunately there is no manual tuning option on the box itself, but you can enable the RF pass through and use the freeview channels via the TV receiver.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes