TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Plus fails to record or playback

morini66
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi. I have exactly the same problem, with the same DN372T.01.03.P box.

It was sent earlier in the year, unasked, as an 'upgrade'.

Since there was no way to port the recordings on my previous box to the new one, we had to run them in tandem for a while - swapping internet connections for new recordings on the new box or to watch old recordings on the old box. So a MASSIVE PAIN. Why do they not cater for this?

Anyway, for several days now every new recording, scheduled or live, has failed.

Plus every existing recording now refuses to play.

I did updates, checks, the factory reset with recordings preserved. Nada

Then today I wasted a very long time on a 'chat'. During which they asked me for info I'd already given and to perform tests I'd already done... the usual experience.

I was then asked to give the model number from the rear of the box. A box they sent me, so surely they have a record? Anyway I had to unplug it to do so - she said this wouldn't be necessary, but it's in a cabinet, so it was. She unhelpfully didn't mention that the info is available in a settings screen... and I was too annoyed to think clearly at that point.

For a later test - one I had already done, obviously, since it was the basis of the complaint: being unable to record live tv - it turned out that something had got mixed up when I plugged the cables back in (other end of aerial cable had detached from junction box). I went back to the PC to tell her I needed a little more time (two floors up) and she'd already left the chat! FUMING!

I see from an earlier post that the solution, for 'Jackie6A', was simply another new box. So please do send one ASAP!

We've already had the bedroom multiroom box replaced this month, after it suddenly refused to display any boost channels. But we had to wait for an engineers visit to confirm that was the case and a new box required.

Why don't they ever listen, when you tell them the precise symptoms, the checks and tests you have performed and their chronology? Would save them a fortune in engineer callouts... and resolve the problems so much faster. It's called service.

Unlike this, hiding behind a 'community' and not displaying real contact details anywhere on their site, unless you go to 'complaints'

4 REPLIES 4

Rich1408
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 5

I have exactly the same issue

All new recordings show failed to record

All old recordings from before last week when it worked, just open up a blank screen. with a line  at the bottom showing program duration and a play button. Nothing happens,

I have completed the factory resets and still the same .

Now what ?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

I'll swap out the box for you, but there is no option to transfer recordings between boxes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

morini66
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

OK. So I didn't see the reply, asking me to add more details to my profile, until now when I went to chase this up.

I really do not understand why I need a different login, when I already signed in to my 'full' account. It seems I did register back in November, but I don't really remember doing this. But then the red mist that descends whenever I have to come on here may account for that. Seriously, the service is appalling and the website navigation is too. So now:

I have added the requested details to my profile.

The box is still unusable for anything except watching live TV

This is clearly a common problem, judging by the many similar posts

I do not wish to perform a full reset and lose all my recordings, especially since nobody seems to have found this resolves the problem

If you send me yet another box, will you allow me to transfer the recordings to the new box?

Will you ever offer me any compensation for the downtime I have experienced this year, all the endless frustration of trying to contact you, get through to you what the problems are and so on?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes