TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Youview fault

PoppyRossi
Conversation Starter
Message 44 of 44

I contacted Talktalk last Friday as my Youview box was not working.  After a long fault-finding conversation I was told I needed a new box and that this would be sent to me to arrive at the beginning of this week.  Tomorrow I will have been without my TV for a week and no box has arrived.

This is the second time in a matter of a few months that the box has malfunctioned and on each occasion I have lost all my recordings.

Help please!

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Waspfan
Participant
Message 1 of 44

Hi Karl, thanks for the reply.

So the TalkTalk youview plus box is no longer available to anyone??

If thats the case I'm glad I have a 2 week cooling off period.

If thats the case BT here I come, as they do provide one.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 44

Hi Waspfan

TalkTalk stopped providing the recording box at the start of the year and now only provide the lite box (non recording) to all new and existing customers.

Karl - TalkTalk 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Waspfan
Participant
Message 3 of 44

hi, I have just renewed my TT contract, and when renewing, I mentioned my youview box had completely stopped working, looks like a power problem, not even switching on.  The guy I spoke to said he would send a new one out, however it arrived today, but it is half the size of my old youview box, and you can't record with this one  so sadly its of zero use to me.  Any chance I can have a true replacement for my old youview box which could record also.

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 44

Hi @PoppyRossi 

I should try tuning off and unplugging BOTH your TT box and your Router FOR AT LEAST 30 Minutes, this will clear your session on your Broadband. I also press the on/off button on the router and hold it down for about 10-15 seconds whilst unplugged.Then restart them.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 44

Not sure if this is significant but this evening after trying to set up the new TT box I left the box switched on.  My internet service was very poor and I gave up trying to watch a TV prog on my laptop.  After switching off the TT box my internet connection worked properly.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

Oh dear!!

I have now received new Powerline adapters, a new router and now a new TT box and still the problem remains.  (The live chat assistant told me a few weeks ago s/he could see from their end the problem was with the box, but I now wonder.) 

I still cannot get past the set-up menu telling me to attach the aerial etc where I have followed all the instructions.

I have checked my aerial by bringing in another TV to check that it is OK and it works fine. 

Others have also double-checked the set up and cannot see any mistakes.

I am totally exhausted from trying to solve this problem after nearly 5 weeks without my TV.

I have checked my broadband connection and the TT site says it's fine.

I have noticed that the internet and ethernet lights on the router continue to flash - I'm not sure if that is to be expected.  The new router I received connected to the internet but then cut out repeatedly. The internet works fine on my computer/laptop using the old router.

My TV functions OK as I use a satellite connection too and there are no problems with that.

PLEASE help me to solve this.  

P.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 44

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 44

OK - many thanks for your help Karl.

Take care,

P.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 44

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing the recording box at the beginning of the year, and I can only place an order for the Lite Box.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 44

Don't suppose it's still possible to have one that records?

Thanks again,

P.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 44

Great, thanks,.

P.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 44

Hi

I'll get the TV box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Hi again,

Four weeks in now and still unable to watch TV.

I have now tried new powerline adapters that seem to be working fine.  

I received a new router last week but this only has intermittent internet - my existing one has good internet connection and I have had to revert to using that.

MY TT box powers on and wakes up but comes to a halt in set up where it tells me to connect my aerial.  I have tested my aerial using another TV and it works fine. I have double-checked (as have others) that all my connections/wires etc are in the right place and all are correct but still I cannot get past that screen in set-up.

When I first contacted TT about my problem 3 weeks ago last Friday, the chat assistant told me s/he could see from their end that the problem was with my box.  S/he said a new one would be sent out and should arrive within a few days but this has not arrived.  (assistant had name something like Ojamba so not sure of gender) 

I have been trying the chat line again but since 6pm this evening it has not been possible to chat to anyone, despite the website saying this service is available until 10pm.

It would seem that the problem is indeed the TT box however I was hoping this was not the case as I read that the new TT boxes do not record and that was a function I used regularly on mine.

I would really appreciate a solution to this problem so I may begin to watch TV again.

Thank you in anticipation

P.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 44

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 44

Many thanks - fingers crossed!

P.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 44

Hi

I'll swap out the router and see if that helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 44

Hi Karl,

I received some new adapters last week but I couldn't get these to pair.  I rang TT on Friday and was told they'd send another set which arrived promptly today.  I had no problem getting the new ones to pair and all lights are as they should be in the instructions but I am still at the set-up screen on my TV and can't get past it.  I've switched everything off and started again but without success.  There is no TV light lit on the router, all other lights are green but the Internet, Wireless and Ethernet lights are flashing rapidly: my home broadband is working fine.  Help again please!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 44

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

PoppyRossi
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 44

Managed to get ICan working again thanks.  Just waiting for adapters now for TT box.

Thanks for all your help.

P.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 44

Hi PoppyRossi

a set of adapters are on the way to you to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes