TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV/Youview won't change channels, record or play programmes from Guide.

PoppyRossi
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

My Youview box is no longer working properly - it is only possible to change channels once or twice after a reboot.  It will not record or play programmes from the guide.  I have done all recommended in YV105 and at one point a message flicked up briefly saying there was a technical issue.

I also have satellite TV and that works fine - the remote will change quickly to revert to HDML1 for that to play but on UK TV the remote doesn't change anything.  I have another Youview remote for this TV and have changed batteries but have the same problem.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Poppy

I'll get the box replaced for you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

PoppyRossi
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

I apologise - I noticed the message about using original message after I had posted second one.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

@PoppyRossi I have escalated to the OCE for them to look into for you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

PoppyRossi
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 6

I have done the Maintenance reset as suggested but there is no improvement.  I feel annoyed I am paying for a service I am not receiving.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).