TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box 9yrs old could that be why it is now switching on and off.

cath20
Chat Champion
Message 34 of 34

Hi

TV was fine today now this evening no TV as box switching off. Called your tech helpline but no help as person seemed to think it was the cables. 

Can't see it is that as nothing changed over the 9yrs with cables fitted by your engineer. Also if it was my cables don't know how it was fine today and tonight comes on then switches off. I'm sure it's the box and wonder if age of box has anything to do with it ?

Thanks

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Hi cath20

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hi Karl

Second new box working fine. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Always here to help.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi

If you have posted anything with a link, or a duplicate post then this can often be removed by the spam filter.

If all your posts and issues have been dealt with, then I would not worry, unless you have any outstanding issues with your service 🙂

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hi

Not sure what's going on as all my posts have been dealt with regards the box issue,and a new box being sent out.

However,I have a private message tonight advising me my posts are being held as spam and asking me to post that fact on here.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Ok thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Hi

I've another box on the way, so we can make sure the Tuner is not faulty in the one that was delivered.  We will solve this, it might just take  little extra work to get it resolved 🙂

Lets see if the tuner is at fault in this case.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Hi

I think I could really do without the hassle of issues with these TV boxes. What alternative is for me to have everything I have at the moment minus TV ?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi

Just switched it over again waiting on it starting up.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi

OK,  If the Aerial is connect to the TV and all channels are showing fine, then that would point to a possible issue with the box or tuner.

Is the TV box connected back up now so I can take a look remotely ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Hi

Situation now. 

TV connected directly to Ariel box not connected to TV at all and all channels playing fine.

Tried changing back over to box and less channels plus no bbc1 or bbc2.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Hi

This could just be coincidence, but the true test of any freeview channel issue is always to test on a TV direct to an aerial.  This takes the TV box out of the equation totally.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hi

I will get someone to do all this for me then let you know the situation.

Can you please advise though why immediately before installing this new box I got all channels with the old box ?

Exactly same set up just different box.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Hi

If you take the aerial cable and connect this directly into the TV, so nothing is connected to the TV box.  You then retune the TV.  If any channels are missing or pixellating on the TV, then this is an issue solely with reception of the freeview channels indicating a possible issue with the aerial or freeview signal in the area.

Can you turn off the YouView Box completely at the mains, take the aerial and connect directly to the TV and retune and check the channels again on the TV set.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi

I must disagree problem not with box I maybe did not do what was asked with Ariel correctly.

My TV and old box was working totally fine all channels. This occurred immediately on changing over to new box. It cannot possibly be anything other than this box.

My old box was posted back yesterday is there any chance I could get it back as at least I could view channels that I pay my TV license for?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

Hi

If there are problems with the channels on the TV with the aerial connected directly to his, then this rules out the issue with the box.

Check the connector at the end of the cable, sometimes they can work loose when plugging / unplugging the cables.   Check the cable itself to see if it has been worn or bent in any part.

Also, if there have been any high winds in your area, just have a look at your external aerial and make sure it is pointing in the same direction as all others.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

Hi

Tried what you suggested but still no bbc1 or 2. With Ariel into TV message appears saying problem with TV signal can't get Chanel 4 check aerial is connected.

However, minutes before changing over to new box everything was working fine. Never had a problem with anything to do with TV signal. Only problem was as box aged it started to freeze etc.

This issue is definitely to do with new bix.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 34

@cath20

No problems. Also what happens if you connect the aerial directly in to your TV by the TT box?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 20 of 34

Hi 

I can't try until tomorrow but I will give that a go.

Thanks

0 Likes