TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box 9yrs old could that be why it is now switching on and off.

cath20
Chat Champion
Message 34 of 34

Hi

TV was fine today now this evening no TV as box switching off. Called your tech helpline but no help as person seemed to think it was the cables. 

Can't see it is that as nothing changed over the 9yrs with cables fitted by your engineer. Also if it was my cables don't know how it was fine today and tonight comes on then switches off. I'm sure it's the box and wonder if age of box has anything to do with it ?

Thanks

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Hi @cath20

Go into settings blue button on remote > Settings > Picture and Sound and enable Antenna out.

It may be worth trying a retune without aerial connected then reconnect aerial and retune again.

Let us know if these work.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 22 of 34

Hi

I forgot to mention I can view bbc1 and 2 no problem on my TV upstairs not connected to the talk talk box.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Hi

Got my new box today and cannot view bbc1 or 2 they appear to be missing. I had them fine on old box immediately before changing over to the new one so it is not a signal problem etc.

I have tried retuning plus switching box on and off but still not able to view them. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Hi

The TV box is usually delivered next day, 48hours at the outside.

We use Royal Mail and UK Mail for deliveries.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 27 of 34

Hi

I forgot to ask who delivers the TV box is it Royal Mail or a courier service ? 

It would be good if I have an idea of when to expect it so as not to be out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 34

Hi cath20

The software on the boxes is updated regularly, but your current box is about 6 years old, and may start to experience issues intermittently.

I've an updated TV box on the way to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 31 of 34

Hi

Thank you but I have already called to say the box started working again.

I do wonder though if these boxes ever get updated at anypoint ?

Thanjs

0 Likes

Message 32 of 34

Hi cath20

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement TV box for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

cath20
Chat Champion
Message 33 of 34
Also forgot to say picture comes and goes when button at back of box is pressed. This makes me think it's the box.
0 Likes