TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box issues

yogaman
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Hi

Last few weeks I've been experiencing difficulties with my Youview box i.e.

A) Locking up, requiring reboot

B) Failure to connect to on demand apps (code YVM105 is the usual fault code)

C) Failure to record or only part record

I've tried all the suggested actions i. e. soft restart, factory reset (keep recordings), factory reset (lose recordings) and the problems still persist. The box is a good few years old now, so I guess it's probably on its last legs.

I'd be grateful if one of the mods could pick this enquiry up for me, please. I understand that Talktalk have stopped issuing recording boxes? A bit miffed about this, as I've been a Talktalk TV + customer for many years, but at no time was I informed of this change of policy when I renewed my contract earlier this year. Unfortunately, I think a replacement box is probably going to be the only solution.

Look forward to hearing from someone shortly. 

Many thanks

Nick

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

yogaman
Team Player
Message 2 of 6

Thanks Karl! 

Much obliged. 

KR's

Nick

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The TV Box is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

yogaman
Team Player
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Yes please, I'd be grateful if you could send out a replacement box.

Could you please pass on my disappointment over the removal of the recording facility to the "powers that be". Though I understand that many consumers now prefer to use streaming services, I'm sure that a lot of old codgers like me prefer to record programmes. Such a shame that Talktalk have chosen to remove this facility - it certainly reduces my incentive to renew my contract in future.

Anyway, rant over😉. Look forward to receiving a replacement box in the near future. Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Nick. 

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

As TalkTalk only provide the non recording box, any replacement will be the Lite Box.

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes