TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box not working

5tok3s
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

I've had no TV service now for several days. My TalkTalk / Youview TV box (Huawei - standard, not a recordable one) has only been displaying one of the three blue LEDs (when switched on, usually all three would flash in sequence for a minute as the box 'warmed up')

The TV display is locked onto Channel 5 with no picture, just the text 'event information is not available' and 'no signal - please check your antenna connection) I can't change channel or call up the Youview services using the handset - the screen doesn't change.

I've checked and re-checked all connections, the Netflix option on my TV is working so I know the broadband signal is working.

I've tried to reboot the TV box by holding down the '+' and '-' buttons when switching it on. No change, apart from now of the three blue LEDs, the one on the left and one on the right remain lit - no flashing, or sequential warm-up phase.

Do these TV boxes wear out/ fail permanently? Do I need a new one, or is there some other reset fix I can try?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Caroline74
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

Hi Karl

My TalkTalk box has not been working for about a week. It is not showing any signs of life. I tried the pressing of the plus and minus buttons at the same time to try to reset but there are no lights coming from it whatsoever. I am not sure what to do next?

Thanks

Caroline

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

5tok3s
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

Update - TV box now appears to be working! I have no idea what's happened.

I'd left it overnight and have just tried another reset, and checked my TV input channels, and it's operating normally.

Thanks again to Fre55die and Karl for the replies - and no need for a new TV box, Karl

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi 5tok3s

I'll get a replacement box to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 6 of 9

@5tok3s 

Can you get into settings ? blue YV/Menu button on remote Up to the cog wheel then factory reset from the menu?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

5tok3s
Team Player
Message 7 of 9

Thanks Fre55die, but I've tried the reset and now the TV box is completely shut down - no signs of powering up at all (no LEDs) and all the while, the TV displayed the same 'channel 005' blank screen with messages as before. There was nothing to indicate any kind of factory reset, no option appeared on screen, nothing. And now the box seems to be completely kaput.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @5tok3s 

From the + - menu select factory reset and see if that works.

Full instruction s here : https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"