TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV charge opt out

thecat
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 10

Last week I opted out of the £4 TV charge over the chat service. I was told that I would not be able to opt in or out of the boosts. However this still seems available to me. Can you verify this "service" has been removed

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

You will not be charged.  The TV charge removal has been processed and is showing as £0 on your account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

So if my billing date is 17th Feb can you confirm I will not be charged this new fee.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

what I'm trying to say is the charge does not have a definitive start date but is applied to customers at different dates throughout February.   For example, some customers may have the charge active from 8th Feb, some from the 12th etc, it depends on your billing cycle.

If you have opted out, this will not be applied to your account. You will not have to pay the first month etc, this will be removed so you do not have to pay the TV charge.  As you can still add Boosts currently this could be because the charge start date is not yet active for you, although the charge on your account will show as £0.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Karl,

That does not really answer my question. To be honest I am sick of "back door" price increases by talktalk that I have to monitor to avoid. Are you saying you put me on the price increase and so I will have to suffer it for a mont beofre it is taken off? If so its goodbye talktalk at the next contract end.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

Hi @thecat

The TV charge takes effect from the Billing Cycle in February, so will start at different dates throughout February.  Stopping the TV charge from being applied will normally coincide with your billing run.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

purpple
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

I talked to 2 TT staff last week and both assured me I would not be charged the extra £4 as we do not rent films and have no need of multi room. we are price fixed until september. today I find they have taken the money. it showed on my account as feb payment and I asked and was to ignore that, it won't be taken, not happy

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

have you been still charged the £4 extra ? I have, despite being told by two people it would not be charged. I have a fix until september this year I am very disappointed, I do not want a £5 off my film rent as we do not rent films and I do not want multi room. (had to ask what it was)

0 Likes

purpple
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

I was told by 2 different TT employees that I would not be charged the £4 for something I will not use, disappointed as today i find it has been taken from my account

0 Likes

Elliefig
First Timer
Message 9 of 10

I had a 'live chat' with TalkTalk regarding this 'Fixed price package' increase as I rarely use any of its TV features let alone any of the all new, bells and whistles TV features that they have added to put the price up by £4. I was informed that it is the 'broadband/phone' bit of the package that is fixed, the TV bit is not fixed. So I said I will not be needing the enhanced TV bit and would prefer to remain 'unenhanced'!  They said that they are happy to remove the TV bit if that is somethinng I would like.  I said 'you mean remove the TV bit completely, leaving just the broadband/phone?' 'yes' they said. So I said that I guess I shall have to just accept the increase and that I must go, at once, to my sette and revel in the wild wonders of the enhancements bestowed upon me.' Essentially the 'Fixed price package' needs to be renames 'Fixed price bits of package' and the only 'opt-out' is the 'broadband/phone package' with no TV.  I feel conciderably unenhanced and unimpressed.

0 Likes