TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps losing broadband connection

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

My TV keeps losing broadband connection. It is happening regularly each day, often multiple times in an evening.  I have tried re-booting the router many times. I can usually reconnect by turning the powerline adaptor off then on, however this sometimes only lasts for 30 - 60 minutes. This makes it almost impossible to watch streamed or on-demand television.

I have checked all cables and replaced the powerline adapters. None of this has helped and the problem has been happening for several months.

I also have intermittent problems with internet connection to my business laptop, and losing connection to my work network.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 17

Hi Karl

The connection picked up and stayed stable for about 24 hours, so I think the problem is resolved.  At the moment, everything is working as it should.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 17

Hi

tests are passing, nothing stands out from here.

Do you still have your previous router to see if that picks up a connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 17

I tried turning the router off and unplugging it, leaving it for 30 minutes, and then turning it on again. Still no internet.

0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 17

Hi @fre55die. I do have a clear tone on my landline and have had a call on it this afternoon.

I will try rebooting the router again and leave it off for at least 20 minutes this time.

Thanks for the hint.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 6 of 17

Hi @WoodyTurner  Do you have a clear dialling tone on your landline phone? This does sound like an external problem.

When you unplug your router it is always a good idea to leave it off for at least 20 minutes to start a new session. Too many quick restarts will report to the DLM system that your line speed needs adjusting, usually downwards, as it will see the disconnections as errors.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 17

Hi Karl. 

My TV connection has been working without problem since I installed the new powerline adapters. I was going to message you today to say that the problem was resolved.

However, this morning I lost internet connection completely. The hub light is flashing amber. I have tried rebooting the hub several times, both with the power button and by disconnecting it from the mains. Every time the light continues to flash amber and internet is not available on any of my devices.

Is there anything else I can try, or is there a supply problem caused by the current storm?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 17

Thanks Karl.  I'll let you know if they fix the problem.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

I'll try a new set of adapters so we can make sure they are not dropping the connection. These are on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 17

Hi Karl

I haven't noticed any loss of connection on other devices with the new router.  The power adapter lights stay green at both ends when the connection drops.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi

Is it only the TV dropping connection ?

When this happens, look at the powerline adapters, are the lights on these remaining green or turning amber / red etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 17

Hi

The wi-fi hub arrived yesterday and I installed it straight away, with the cables and micro-filter supplied.

Initially, all seemed to be working well. All my devices connected to the new network, including the TV via the ethernet cable and my powerline adapters.  However, after a short time, the connection to my TV started dropping off again.  I have checked and remade all the cable connections. The white led on the hub remains solid.

What do we try next?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Give it a test as soon as it arrives and let me know if it helps, and if not we will try something else.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

WoodyTurner
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 17

Thank you for the prompt reply and action Karl.  I hope the new router will resolve the problem.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi

I've a router on the way to you so this can be ruled out.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips