TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV picture breaking up and generally very poor.

999xyz
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

We had a new box some time ago to resolve issue with freezing. To begin with the image wasn't particularly good but as we had a new TV at the same time we put it down to the TV. We've also had issues with the live and recorded TV image breaking up. Similar to bad signal. We resolved this by doing a re tune and everything is then ok until the next time. The frequency had become more frequent. Meaning we are now re tuning every other day. Today the re tune hasn't made any difference and the image keeps breaking up. Tonight I unplugged the Ariel and connected directly to the TV, searched for channel and have now got the best picture ever without using the box. Is it possible that the new box is duff and needs replacing?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

To place a cancellation for any part of a service you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046 or 03451725157

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Really want a recording box. Now looking to buy one to replace this one. Can you help me with canceling TV part of my package? I've tried the website but everything links back to the forum. I'd like to call and talk to someone to check my options.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

We can issue a replacement box however this would be the Lite Box (Non Recording) as Talk Talk stopped providing a recordable box at the start of the year.

Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

999xyz
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 6

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I tried to scan for channels without the aerial connected as you suggested. It scanned really slowly and after 4 hours hadn't finished. So I cancelled the scan and did a factory reset. Then channel scan and the picture although it wasn't crisp it was better in not breaking up. This was Saturday morning. On Sunday evening the picture started breaking up again. Just done another re-scan and it's ok. But not sure how long it will be before I have to do another Scan. Can only imagine it must be a problem with the box.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

It Is always possible the box could have developed a fault.

Have you tried retuning the box with no aerial connected as this will clear the tuner memory, then connecting the aerial and retuning again ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes