Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV reception

3 REPLIES 3
dimview
First Timer

Greetings.

I have a "Smart" tv which is anything but at the moment and I want to establish if TT could be to blame in any way. Basically I have sound but no picture. The tv is 18months old and I have had to turn it off and back on again at the plug during that time to get it to function properly. Now that is not working and I want, through a process of elimination, to identify the fault. Would any part of the TT service (no box involved) be capable of causing such a fault? Thanks. 

Birchcroft
Philosopher

Hi @dimviewif you are talking about "live" TV then it probably nothing to do with TalkTalk.  The first quick test to do is disconnect your TV from the network.  That is if you connect it to your router using a cable then unplug the cable, if it is connected using WiFi disable WiFi on the TV.   If you still have the problem then it is the TV.

ferguson
Community Star

Unless it is anything to do with internet connected services, then no.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dimview

No part of TalkTalk can affect your TV / picture.  If you had a youview box connected, then you could say it was a fault with the box itself, but this would not affect the TV and reception from your aerial etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE