TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk TV - Movie purchase vanished

Mozaic1979
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

We had a movie rental (Disney's Onward) purchased with an expiry to start watching by 10pm last night (Monday), we started it and was advised we had 48 hours until 8.02 PM Wednesday to complete watching it.

After about 15 mins we then had to do something else, so the family gathered tonight (Tuesday) to try again only to find that it has vanished from the library.

Not impressed by this at all, what has gone wrong here ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You are not addressing the flaws on your rental screens.

1. The screen tells you a time start watching it by (Monday 20/7 - 20:42)

- I did this

2. Once the rental starts it gives you a time to finish watching it by (Wednesday 22/7 - 20:02)

- Tuesday night the rental was missing which goes against what was advised.

Can you not see how these screen messages are misleading and need to be addressed/fixed by Talk Talk to avoid others being caught out?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi

The Movie rental expired at the correct time as it was supposed to.  You did have a full month to watch the rental before it expired so the Movie would not be reinstated.

If you do wish to cancel any part of your service, please call our customer loyalty teams directly and they can process this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hmm, that is a bit confusing. So you took the normal 48 hour viewing period to extend beyond the period for which you had made the rental? Was there no "subject to" message there? I can't be bothered reading the T&Cs, but I presume you have?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

....yes that will be correct and we started watching it before the expiry time as instructed, the screen gave you a time to start watching it by.

Once started on Monday, the screen then clearly stated that you have ,"48 hours until 8.02 PM Wednesday to complete watching it."

This is therefore misleading and rental needs to be reinstated or you can cancel the TV fee you charge per month as we now rarely use the Talk Talk tv box for anything else really.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

The Movie 'Onward' was rented on 20th June at 20:42hrs and had an expiry of 20th July 20:42hrs, so this actually expired on Monday night, but you did have a full month to watch the title.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes