TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk TV Receiver

boydfish
Participant
Message 3 of 3

I have been experiencing issues lately with my TV box. It failed to record a couple of programs I had set and when I tried to play previous recordings I just got a blank screen. I managed to get to play the recordings only after rebooting the set top box - I have had to do this twice so far. I saw an article on Google which seemed to describe the issue and recommended a factory reset keeping the recordings. I completed this, there was a software update which was installed so I hope this may have cured the problem. However, it has caused another in that I cannot tune channels on the Sony TV unless the set top box is on and selected, otherwise I get an aerial connection error; I used to be able to get the channels with just the TV on. The TV works fine when connected directly to the aerial socket I have switched everything off and on but still get the same problem. We have had the box for a number of years now so I wondered if this was the reason for the original problem and possibly the aerial connection to the TV.

Computers are stupid machines which can do clever things, programmers are clever people who can do stupid things this can cause mayhem!!
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3
Thanks, sorted now.
Computers are stupid machines which can do clever things, programmers are clever people who can do stupid things this can cause mayhem!!
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Re the tv signal, you need to turn Antenna out to On in the settings menu under picture and sound.

It defaults to off on resets.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes