TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk you view box 'Fails to Record'

cglover2
Whizz Kid
Message 104 of 104

For some reason the box is randomly 'Fails to Record' for no obvious reasons.  It is now so bad and unpredictable that where possible we are setting the 'record' for the main programme and also the 'plus 1' channel. It is not unusual for one 'Fails to Record' but the other is fine!  Also we frequently get a programme showing as recorded but when we try and watch it appears that only about one second is recorded as it immediately shows as 'watched' and goes back to the 'My TV' screen.

I've done a maintenance reset but still the same.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
103 REPLIES 103

Message 101 of 104

Hi

You should only need to reset the box once.  If this does keep happening then we will need to replace the box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 102 of 104

As requested, I performed a 'Factory Reset' this morning. The first item recorded at 4.00pm on ITV recorded just 2 seconds! Thankfully I also set up the same item on ITV+1 and it recorded fine.

I'll monitor for the next couple of days and feedback whether I am still getting the random "Failed to Record" or whether it appears to be resolved, still concerned by the 2 second recording though!

Also, when suffering these recording problems and being asked to 'Factory Reset' which loses every successful recording, it is soooo annoying.  Having nothing recorded and having to watch rubbish on TV in 'real time' defeats the benefits of the plus box!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 103 of 104

Hi

If a maintenance reset will not resolve this, the last option to try is the full factory reset from the settings menu.

This will erase the hard drive and set it back up in case of any bad sectors etc.

You will lose any current recordings but is the last option before a box is replaced.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE