TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk TV Box System Start Up Error

stevieg77
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I have been unable to start my Huawei DN370T box for a week now with a System Start Up Error every time I start up and have tried all the reset options. Every time I have spoke to technical support they have said that it is due to a connection problem in my area which engineers are looking into. I have had no problem with Broadband with the Internet, Netflix etc working fine.

They are adamant that the issue is not related to the box but I cannot understand why this is happening and appears to be no indication when this connection issue will be fixed.

I am trying to comprehend how this is not related to a problem with the TV Box so any assistance much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 6

New box has arrived and everything up and running again.

Many thanks for your help both.

Steve

Message 3 of 6

Hi

I'll get a replacement box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 6

Many thanks for your quick response. I have had another go at running the maintenance resets in the link but still no luck.

Have updated personal details so hopefully can get resolved next week.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I'm sure you are being spun a line here, but unfortunately it will probably be Monday before staff here can help you.

One thing you can try is a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings if it works.

Please let us know how this goes and you are in the staff's queue For a response.

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes