TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk TV box dead

goltho
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

A week ago, my box began to prevent me from deleting recordings. Since then, it's hung up several times, prevented live pause, and several other issues. From maintenance mode, I firstly did a factory reset whilst retaining my recordings and then when that failed to rectify things, carried out a full factory reset. It seemed to fix it, but unfortunately after an hour, it continued to have several faults including not allowing playback of new recordings, no live pause, and failing to boot up out of standby. Tonight, it has finally refused to boot up.

Can you please issue a replacement and advise if I should return the faulty one to you. Thanks very much.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi, 

OK, please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Well that's regrettable. My account has effectively been downgraded with no notice. My contract is due for renewal in 4 weeks so I'm afraid it's good bye from me.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Goltho

TalkTalk no longer issue a recording box, We stopped supply of these at the start of the year.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

Sadly the box that records is no longer available, @goltho.

Staff will be back from Monday....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

goltho
Team Player
Message 5 of 9

Hello Karl,

The replacement box arrived this evening. I see however that it's a DN360T replacing a DN372T. This means I no longer can record programs. I know the old box was registered to my account as the Returns paperwork which came with the new one correctly shows the serial number. I did also refer above to having to delete all my recordings whilst resetting the box during my attempts to fix the issue.

Can I please have this replaced with a recordable box as per my existing setup. Thank you.

Dougie.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

goltho
Team Player
Message 7 of 9

That's fantastic Karl - very much appreciated. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi

i'll get a TV box out to you and a returns bag for the old unit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes