TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk YouView Box - Third replacement in 2 years - and then wrong box sent!

Dorchester
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

My last TT YouView box (a Huawei DV372T, delivered on 25 October) failed to record or playback on 16th December, despite carrying out all of the usual checks and doing a 'Factory Reset'.

I called TT the next morning, and the CS agent insisted that I do all of the checks again plus a factory reset.  After over an hour, he agreed that the box should be replaced, and informed me that it would arrive by Monday 20th December.

I called TT late on the 20th to check that it was on its way, only to be told that something had 'gone wrong' with the order, but a new box would be sent and I should receive it within 2 days.

It arrived today - a Huawei DV306T, which was physically smaller , but otherwise looked identical.

After setup, I went to the Programme Guide to set some recornings, but after pressing the red 'RECORD' button, instead of getting the pop-up asking if I wished to record the series or individual episode, what I got was "We can't add this to My TV as it is not available On Demand".

I called TT and their CS agent eventually decided that the YV box that they sent was NOT a recording box -  all of the boxes that I have had from TT over the last 12 years have been recording boxes.  The CS agent apologised, a new RECORDING version was ordered, and I was informed that I should receive the new box before Christmas, but she could not guarantee it.

I asked if I may speak with a Manager, but was informed that there were no managers on duty to take calls from customers!

Has anyone please got any ideas of anything I can do in order to get a working recording box from TT before Christmas, for as a 77 year old living on my own, I depend upon the box considerably.

Many thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

@Pasha Hi,
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 8

My box suddenly won't record nor will it play any of my recordings since an update yesterday. I re-booted the set top box and it played one recording but then wouldn't play anything else. All of my scheduled  recordings are not there. 

Whats the point of paying for TT Tv without being able to record.

Lynn
0 Likes

Dorchester
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 8

After a number of telephone calls to TT Customer Service, they eventually sent me a direct replacement YV box (Huawei DA372T) that records, and fortunately, it arrived just in time for Christmas - on December 24th.

I just hope that this one lasts a little longer than the previous one, which refused to record when less than two months old!

Message 4 of 8

You don't have to convince most here on the merits of recording v streaming.

Hope Santa brings what you have asked for.

Let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Dorchester
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 8

Streaming is fine, and I frequently use it - particularly on non-commercial channels, but it is not a replacement for recording. 

With the new box, When I pressed "record", I got a message stating "We can't add this to 'My TV' as it isn't available On Demand".  Not all programmes are available to stream - but any channel is available to record.

The other advantage to recording is that when recording a two-hour film on a commercial channel, when played back and the commerciual ads are skipped, you save having to watch 30 minutes of inane commercials.

The box that I received less than 2 months ago had a recording facility, and for the above reasons, I would expect a direct replacement box to have the same facility.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

If you actually receive a recording box, you will be very lucky indeed as TalkTalk have not supplied them as replacements for a year now.

Occasionally we hear of some lucky person getting one, but that is no longer their policy and these are no longer being produced.

Indeed, retail YouView boxes by Humax, are no longer made either, and BT are the only company supplying one on subscription.

For YouView boxes, there is Ebay where you can buy second hand, and new BT boxes, or you can buy Freeview Recorders, but these will not give access to boosts, if you have them, nor the TalkTalk player.

Staff here, certainly dont have access to any recordable boxes, so best of luck in the hope that they have found a recordable box for you.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Talktalk has stopped providing the recording TV box - most of this year, so it's not likely to materialise this time either, @Dorchester.

Has disappointed many customers. The company seems to think that we have moved on to streaming everything..... rather too soon for many. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.