TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk YouView Huawei DN372T Broken

BallpointPen
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

Dear ...,

The box, that I have had since year dot, has been 'playing up' for a long time now. It required constant resets as it locked up - meaning we could not change channel or perform any other function.

Well it has finally ceased.

Can you please send another?

Regards,

BallpointPen.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

@Karl-TalkTalk ,

Thanks for your help in this.

Regards,

BallpointPen.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi

Credit added to remove this charge.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Having returned the old set top box on 21st Jun (Proof of Posting in front of me, I'll scan and attach if required). The inevitable has happened (see posts 5 thru' 8 when sorted oldest to newest) and, today, the £50 has appeared on my bill to be taken by direct debit on the 16th Jul!

I rec'd an email on the 30th Jun stating this would happen and quote from email 'If you’ve already sent back the equipment please ignore this email and we’ll let you know as soon as we’ve received it. '

Please remove this charge pronto.

Thanks,

BallpointPen.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Karl,

Oh okay.

Regards,

BallpointPen.

nb. I won't fully follow the return instructions letter that states 'Please put everything in the bag including power leads etc' 😀. Sorry couldn't resist that.

nnb. Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi

All replacement boxes are sent without a remote as the current remote you have will work with all models.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Karl,

The new box has arrived and in the package a returns bag and label for the old, which I will return - just a shame they have NOT have enclosed a remote control in the box. I kid you not!

Regards,

BallpointPen.

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 19
I've just been on the chat line with technical help and they have told me they will replace a faulty recording box with another recording box. So the agents on here are not giving out the correct information.
Lynn
0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Pasha

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Pasha
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 19

This has been happening to me and yesterday I spent an age on the chat option. My box was constanly freezing and would change channels with re=booting. I have just renewed my contract and you are now telling customers who are paying for TT Tv they are no longer suppling a box that records. When was that announced? Outrageous and box that doesn't record whats the point of it as I can just use Freeview.

The offer that was sent to me didn't say I couldn't have a box that records. I call that fraudulent.

Lynn
0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi BallpointPen

Words fail me!

I've had a poke around your account and can see the router was sent in November to replace an older router.

I've raised this with my manager and Team and this will be fed back to the warehouse teams directly.

Check your online bill periodically.  The warehouse team should put you on the exemption list so no charges are applied.

I will not let any such charge stand, so if you see anything show up on the bill suddenly, contact me asap so I can remove it.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 13 of 19

Karl,

Yes, I had the router replaced back in Nov 2020 and I have in front of me - because I never binned it - the proof of posting for the return of old dated 18th Dec 2020.

I advise everyone to hold the receipt for at least 6 months.

What annoys me the most about these sort of charges is they are just applied to the a/c and then taken by direct debit. No, invoice me, give me a chance to contest the charge, if applicable, by giving a reply email address rather than ring the 'faceless' customer service. Although how you prove the return if you've binned the proof from Dec 2020 I've no idea!

I will keep all who read this informed as to whether the charge is applied for something I have already returned but TalkTalk have failed to acknowledge.

Rant over,

BallpointPen.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi

This is strange, have you had a router replaced recently ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Karl,

Thank you for the box on it's way.

Why have I now rec'd an email saying I MUST return a Wi-Fi Hub (sic) or I will be charged £50!

It would not be quite so bad but the email account is not monitored for replies.

I look forward to the 'battle' to get the £50 back because I have returned a set top box not a Wi-Fi Hub.

Annoyed, 

BallpoitPen.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi

The box is on the way.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Karl,

Yes please, a non-recording box is fine.

Thanks for the help,

BallpointPen.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi

I can replace the box however TalkTalk now only supply a Lite Box (non recording).  Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes