TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk YouView TV Box Faulty Again

RazzOne
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Hi OCEs

My YouView Box has started playing up again since October last year just like my last two. Most recordings failing, guide takes 5 minutes to come up and old recordings and iplayers pixilate. Exactly how my last boxes went!

Since I last contacted the OCEs on here back in November I can now say with a degree of certainty that one of the Tuners has gone down in the box 
because if there is only one recording it seems to record it with little issue and the box stays usable but if two recording are set then it becomes unresponsive and even goes to the boot screen and nothing can be done until one of the recording has finished. The resulting recordings end up either one not recorded or both partially recorded.

Can you send me a new box out please with a returns label for the old one?

Cheers

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

We can only offer the Lite Box (none recording), would you like me to send this one ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi, Yes I have done all the variations of resetting it. Like I said in my first post this will be the third box so I am experienced in the resetting methods.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Yes done all that

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

@RazzOne  Just to add, the reason that you will not be able to obtain a replacement recordable box is that officially TT have only been supplying non recording lite boxes for over a year now, although a very few customers have managed to obtain one from the online chat staff, who must have access to the very last of the stocks available to them. As @ferguson has said you should firstly run through ALL of his listed recovery options, many of which will reinstall the operating system. The full Factory Reset from the main Settings menu apparently fully formats the hard drive and fully reinstalls the operating system.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

They won't be able to send you another recording box. Have you worked your way through the various reset options?

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

0 Likes