TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Youview box problems

kaymo5
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

My TalkTalk box is becoming increasingly erratic, having to constantly re-boot.

The box usually works well when initially turned on but only for the Freeview channels.  It regularly hangs as soon as I select an app to watch eg Prime, Netflix, BBCiPlayer etc and I then have to switch it off/on and wait whilst it restarts.

Once working it works well until it gets turn off and then back on. 

As an earlier posting said, I've tried all re-sets even changing the HDMI cable and rebooting the router to no avail. 

Please advise.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

Remote controls are not sent out with replacement boxes as they will work. All functions continue to be available via the remote you currently have and you only need return the box if you have been requested too.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

kaymo5
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl,

The new box arrived and I've set it up.  So far it seems fine so thank you for sending it. 

However the package didn't include a new remote control & my very old one doesn't include all the buttons referred to in the welcome video. Shouldn't a new one have been sent?

Many thanks 

Kay

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

kaymo5
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Karl, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

I'll get a replacement out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kaymo5
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reading & getting back to me.  Phone number has been added. 

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes