TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk box is dying and resetting doesn't help

Martina2B
Participant
Message 6 of 6

From the moment we received our TalkTalk box a few years ago it had quirks like the image freezing for 17 seconds several times per night, channels being dropped from our channel list and others. Over time the problems have got more and more frequent. Nowadays we have to retune about three times a week, the image freezes three to four times a night, when we walk through the room the image pixillates badly for up to a minute during live broadcast and recordings and during recordings it takes up to five minutes before the recording settles. Scheduled recordings spontaneously cancel themselves regularly (one to two times a week) . We have gone back to factory settings numerous times and leave the machine on standby/sleep overnight so that it can be updated. In the circumstances we really feel it is time for a replacement for this box, which has been playing up from the start, but which is now clearly on its last legs and is interfering substantially with our tv viewing.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

OK, please let us know if you need our assistance.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie, Sorry for the radio silence. We really like recording the programmes so we have, yet again, gone back to factory settings and will see how we get on for now. Might take you up on the offer of a replacement box in the future! Many thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Martina2B

Thanks for confirming this.

I can send you a replacement TV box. Just to make you aware, TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable box.

Would you like me to order a replacement box?

0 Likes

Martina2B
Participant
Message 4 of 6

Hi Debbie,

Yes, several times. Doesn't really make any difference

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Martina2B

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you also tried a maintenance reset? How to find maintenance mode?

0 Likes