TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk box lost sound ,Distorted picture

Janegold
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

2 on line chats with Tecnical advisers have been disconnected / they just went., this morning. One was with sphelele the other a lady. They were trying to sort this out. 
talk talk box Huawei model DN372T. Had this box for quiet a few years. Last night changed channel. Lost sound and picture became distorted. Rebooted box. All good. Then changed channel same happened again. Checked connects. Tv working ok. Internet connection all good. 
It’s still happening this morning. 
Could it be the TalkTalk box has come to the end of its life. ? 
how do I get another one. ? Christmas is coming. 
Thankyou for reading g this. 

Yellow Labrador s are the best .
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Janegold
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 3

Thankyou. I’ll try this when get home.

Yellow Labrador s are the best .
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the support staff look at other alternatives.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).