TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk box needs manually switching on everyday!!!

Chrismdd
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

We have been customers of Talktalk for many many years and have up until now had no problems with the service. However just lately our Talktalk Plus box has acquired this problem. When we turn the TV and box off in the evening (both onto standby mode) the next day we have to 'wake' the box up by pressing the reset and power buttons on the back and front as it appears to switch its self off completely. Obviously this is a pain and also means that no scheduled recordings will be made when it is in this state. Prior to waking it up there are no lights on the front panel. I have gone into settings after googling ideas on the internet and have just now done a 'maintenance reset' but the problem still persists.  Any ideas how to rectify this please?

Regards

Chris

Chris Deady
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

If a Youview Maintenance Reset  does not help, please try the full factory reset from the settings menu.

If this also fails to resolve then a new box may be required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Chrismdd
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Still waiting for some ideas to get my talktalk box to stay on and record in standby mode. At present it just switches off entirely when switching it off with the remote. Next day we need to power it up using the buttons on the back and front. This is not right and not how it used to be. Urgently need help and advice please.

Chris Deady
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Chris,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes