TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk TV box sound of electrical interference and screen flickering

sgdean66
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Good afternoon, I have a TALKTALK TV Box DN372T for the last couple of weeks I have moments when the screen makes an electrical interference sound, flickers and then goes blank before the picture returns a few seconds later. I swapped the elctrical plug over in case that was the cause of the problem but today it is doing it constantly (every 5 seconds or so) making it unuseable. It does it on normal tv and sky sports. I have turned it off for a couple of hours and switched it back on but it is doing the same but less often. Can you help please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Lol!

Doesn't matter how tech savvy you get, the quick 'thump, is in every body's toolbox.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 6

@sgdean66

The "quick thump" solution indicates that there is a connector problem.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thank you both. I have replaced it with a new hdmi cable today so will see if that solves the situation. The problem has been occurring less frequently since adoptiong the old fashioned solution of giving the box a firm thump but started again this evening so that is when I swapped the hdmi cable over. I will let you know if it resolves the problem so will monitor over the next couple of days. Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi sgdean66

As Davey says, it can be a faulty cable.  Try removing this and reconnecting at both ends to make sure it is seated correctly.  Try another if you have one and see if this clears it.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

davey
Philosopher
Message 5 of 6

I had a similar problem couple of weeks ago turned out to be a dodgy HDMI cable, maybe worth a try...