TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk box not recording and wont play back saved recordings

Lanylady
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

Since this morning my talk talk box wont play back my saved recordings and wont let me record new ones, comes up with IPC 6040. I have rebooted my router and my box and finally done a reset with keep recordings, but nothing has helped! This is the second box I have had over the past year, the first just totally froze and had to be replaced so lost all my recordings that time, is there any way to sort this without losing my recordings again?

Margaret Gow
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

No Problem.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Lanylady
Team Player
Message 2 of 12

Hi Karl, did a full factory reset and box is now recording and playing back. Extremely disappointed I've had to lose my saved recordings for a second time but at least now the box is working again. Many thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Margaret Gow
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

Ok, It sounds more like a box issue in this case. If it were a content issue with one of our servers, only internet channels would be affected.  If freeview recordings are also being affected then this would point to an issue with the box itself or possibly corruption on the hard drive etc.

If this is the case, the only option is to try the full factory reset from the settings menu.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Lanylady
Team Player
Message 4 of 12

The recordings I get the IPC 6040 on are Alibi, Comedy Central, Quest, Sky History, Nat Geo, Wild, Eden, Gold, Fox and Film 4, recording dates are mostly in July but a couple from March, April and June.

The recordings I get a black screen on are 5USA, Smithsonian, CBS Justice, Dave, Quest Red, STV, BBC2, Great Movies, 5, BBC1, Sky1, BBC Scotland, Horror and Pick and again mostly July.

Margaret Gow
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi, 

for some of the recordings that you see the 6040 error, can you let me know what channel this was recorded from, and approximatley how long ago it was recorded.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Lanylady
Team Player
Message 6 of 12

I have all my channels ok - on some of the recordings I just get a black screen and on others I get the IPC 6040 message.

Margaret Gow
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

Are you getting the same error IPC6040 ?

Are the channels that the recordings were made from still ok, are you able to access those channels ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Lanylady
Team Player
Message 8 of 12

Hi Karl, nothings changed I'm afraid - still cant play saved recordings.

Margaret Gow
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

I've removed the registered box from the system.  Can you power off the router for 30 minutes to clear the session, then when powered back on, try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and set the box back up and we can see if you get the same error when it connects.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Lanylady
Team Player
Message 10 of 12

Done Karl.

Margaret Gow
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes