TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk tv box stops recording after 3 hours

haggistrap1
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

When I record from Sky sports boost channels, if they last longer than 3 hours they stop recording even though the show is still on.  I offten end up missing the end of live events.  How can I correct this?  There is plenty of capacity on the hard disc.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

And here's the very rapid response received moments ago:

"There is no specific limit as the box should record for the length of the programme selected. Its rare that a programme is over 3 hours.

If it’s a Sporting event that is extended on the day (e.g. for extra time) it may not continue to record as this is reliant on recording tags in the signal being extended by the broadcaster."

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

I've got to be honest TV isn't my specialty, but I've asked the question for you just in case. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

OK.. I have done that now.  Will see if it works.

I was hopng you would confirm there are no fixed 3-hour limits when recording shows on the talktalk box.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi haggistrap1, have you carried out a Maintenance mode reset? If not please give that a go and let us know how you get on.

0 Likes