TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk youview box

Lynne01
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

As of past week we are getting failed to record on a number of channels, also previous recordings on the youview box will no longer play, we just get a black screen, any ideas as to why this has happened?

Also did a router health check and it said unable to identify the router you have connected or its software version (this is a router sent by Talktalk) Any ideas please? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

There may have been a corrupt file on the drive, but see how it goes now the drive has been cleared.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Lynne01
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the advice, I tried the soft reset but it didn't resolve the problem. I had to do the full factory reset which so far seems to have done the job, just a shame we had to loose the recordings (kids weren't happy).

Regards,

Lynne.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and see if this helps with the recording issues.

If they still fail after this, then the only option is to perform a full factory reset from the settings menu.

This will erase all current recordings and any corrupt files that could be causing this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE