TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv Boosts

Clive_P
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 11

Hi people

I need to upgrade my Sky TV boosts and now see the usual youview TV boosts have been replaced by Nowtv boosts.

Does this now mean that I will have to open the Now TV app everytime to watch my sky channels? I find that rather a pain, than just changing channels in Youview.

Im still running my original TV box from joining 7 yrs ago, will there be any issues running it on here, I have the Nowtv app in the apps section.

Any help appreciated.

CP
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

Any new connection for sports is now via the Now App. 

if you already have the sports boost included then this continues until you stop it. I understand though there are no deals being offered at the end of any promotion period and if a boost continues it is at full price.

you need at DN372T box to run the full now tv app. If you have the 370T box and take up the Now sports boost, then your box will, I understand, be changed for you to access.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 11

Hi

As fr8ys advised. Only thing I can add is that with Now TV you can watch content on the go, on other devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Clive_P
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 11

Hi Guys 

Thanx for input. Been on hols for a while, but need to sort this out now.

So I have indeed added the now TV option, and yes the now TV doesnt seem to work on my old box.  I have used it on my phone though as suggested I can do, and that works 😁

As I was skeptical of Wat would happen with now TV, so I kept my original boosts so I wouldn't lose access to the golf last wkend lol. Although incurrs extra cost I know.

Want to get this sorted so I can cancel my TV boosts.

So didnt really answer whether it will be only accessible through now TV app, or will it integrate into youview for quicker access?

CP
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

An updated box is on the way to you that will support the NowTV app.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 11

You can only view Now TV via the app, and it is non recordable.

only BT have Now  integrated into the EPG, but it is at a cost.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.

Clive_P
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for info, and sorting new box.

Just wondering if the new box has a bt app as I have a seperate bt account?

Can I ask abt broadband speeds, I have been getting intmittant breakup on my boost channels, like digi signal breakup on aerial.  May that also bedue to old box?

My speeds are well down on wat they should be 🤔

CP
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

You only get the BT player with their broadband. YouView channels and apps are dependent upon your broadband supplier.

Message 9 of 11

Hi

Broadband speeds will not affect the aerial signals, but with the hot weather, this can affect freeview signals.

Your router is showing in sync at 40mb, so please make sure you test your speeds wired to see what speeds you achieve.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 10 of 11

OK, I have a bt subscription through my phone supplier that was all.

Karl, I think u misunderstood, I meant breakup on my boost Internet channels, but simular looking to Wat u get on aerial channel with a bad signal, my TV box is hard wired.

First part of last yr I had a lot of speed issues, had bt engineers out, the road got dug up etc, and it did improve.  Just thinking it maybe reoccurring, but a no time was the router changes when I asked  to.

CP
0 Likes

Message 11 of 11
Anyway thanks for your help in these difficult times of contact, I will see how the new box performs 👍
CP