TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv boosts

mark501
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

Cant get tv boosts to show just get black screen

Ive tried resetting router and you view box ive even done maintenance resets tried everything with no luck at all help please

All best mark

Mas
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17
So sorry I just did start my own thread.

Thanks
K steel
0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Motherofgirls

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Motherofgirls
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 17

Hi,

I have been paying for the Entertainment TV boost but the channels are not working in our TV guide. Even selecting channel 301 manually does not work, it just displays that I need to set up which I’ve tried but says I’m not allowed to change the boosts. 

I have called talk talk helpline on four occasions. The duration of all calls were nearly 2 hours and there was no resolution to the problem. The advisor concluded that we needed to pay £65.00 for an engineer but I am  quite relucant to do so as this problem is no fault of ours. 

Could you advise to how we can resolve this problem. Also, how we can get a refund on the entertainment boost as we have been paying for the channels for and not able to watch them. 

Many Thanks. 

K steel
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Mark

Glad to help.  Any issues with any services, always ask the community first, and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17
Its all fixed working perfect cant thank you enough if it wasn't for you I think I would have been in the same boat for a while
All the best mark
Mas
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17
Thanks karl all the best
Mark
Mas
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi

This is logged out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17
Have you any idea how long it will take for them to deal with the problem as its been a while and ive had the crackling since I joined tried to solve it on the phone they just said maybe its your phone or some other excuse , they could checked same as you did problem solved
Thanks mark
Mas
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

If all devices are 5ghz compatible you can disable the 2ghz if you wish. it would not cause any harm.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17
Thanks karl for you time I appreciate it
Mas
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi

Still seeing an issue.  I've raised this over to networks for a possible engineer,

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17
Ive also plugged filter ect into phone test socket its ready to test
Thanks mark.
Mas
0 Likes

Message 15 of 17
No ive got heavy crackling on phone line
Mas
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi Mark

It's not actually a TV fault you have....thats the good news.... now for the bad news...... looks like you have a broadband issue.

Tests on your line are picking up a possible copper line fault.

I'm only showing your line in sync at 2mb, so way below the speeds it should be, and certainly not fast enough for TV boosts.

can you check the home phone for me and make sure you have a dial tone on the line with no noise or crackling.

Also, if the main phone socket has a Test Socket  connect the router and filter into this so we can run a fresh test and see if it still picks up the same fault.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes